Creating the Ikea kitchen of your dreams using Semihandmade doors starts here.
There’s a lot to love about Ikea. Especially their kitchens: great hardware, modular sizes, tons of versatility. But what we love best about Ikea kitchens is the fact that, when buying one, you don’t have to purchase their doors. That’s Semihandmade’s job.
You have your Ikea plans created, seen our samples first hand, and are now ready to place your order. We've made the ordering process as easy as matching the pictures on your Ikea plans. Most people will find it easiest to start with base, then wall, then tall and finishing up with panels and trim pieces.
Just keep in mind, you will still buy the cabinets, hinges and hardware from Ikea.
Let’s Get Started
Tips to creating a Semihandmade order with your Ikea plan
- Create an online Semihandmade account.
- Be sure you have a PDF version of your full Ikea plans (doors attached) with shopping list of products.
- Door and drawer fronts are pre-drilled to accept Ikea hardware.
- Panels cover the sides of Ikea base, wall, and tall cabinets. Panels for appliances like a dishwasher and refrigerator are available as custom pieces.
- Trim covers things like gaps at walls and ceilings.
- Toe-kick or plinth covers the space between the bottom of the base cabinet and your floor.
- Panels, trim and plinth are attached with standard screws you supply.
- Reference your Ikea plan's shopping list and order based on cabinet sizes and door/drawer configurations.
- Starting with the Base cabinets on the left, move right and add door/drawer fronts.
- Repeat with Wall fronts.
- Repeat with Tall fronts.
- End with Panels/Trim.
- Add any glass-ready doors and appliance panels as a custom piece.
- Double-check your shopping cart.
- Make sure you chose the correct material and style.
- If you'd like our team to check your order before processing, check "Yes, please review my kitchen" after placing the order." You will need to include your PDF plans.
- For older Akurum cabinets, please include a drawing with measurements. Click for example.
ORDER BASED ON YOUR IKEA PLAN
We'll show you how to read your Ikea plan to order your Semihandmade doors.LEARN HOW
Ikea's system allows you to create a combination to fit your own unique needs.LEARN HOW
Questions about panels, toe-kick (plinth), and trim pieces? Not sure the difference between trim and filler pieces? Looking for a light rail?VIEW FAQ
OLDER IKEA KITCHEN?
Have an older Ikea kitchen? Not sure if you have a Sektion (current) or Akurum (2003-2015) kitchen? You can now order replacement doors built to fit the older Akurum system.FIND OUT MORE