Terms and Conditions
You have 24 hours after your order is placed to make changes and edit your order. You can do this by contacting email@example.com with your requested changes, order number and contact information.
- Up to 24 hours: No Fee
- 2-3 business days: 25% restocking fee for each changed/removed item.
- After 3 business days: No changes and/or edits can be made. Address changes are possible with additional address change fees.
Lead Times: Lead times begin once the order has been finalized and paid for. If there are any edits or adjustments made to the order, the lead time resets and starts once the new adjusted order is finalized and paid for.
Custom Pieces (Edits): Custom piece edits can ONLY be made within 24 hours of original order. They are considered final after 24 hours, non-refundable & like our other fronts, not eligible for returns.
You have 24 hours after your order is placed to cancel your order. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested changes, order number and contact information.
- Up to 24 hours: No Fee
- 2-3 business days: 25% Restocking fee on entire order.
- After 3 business days: No cancellations. All sales final.
Sales for all fronts/panels/trim are final. All custom pieces are non-refundable as well.
Custom & Semihandmade For All Door Sizes:
- All parts are made with a +/- 1/16" tolerance, which falls within accepted industry standards. Note: European hinges offer easy adjustment up/down, in/out, and left/right to account for any uneven gaps or cabinets being out of square; it should be assumed all hinges need adjustment once installed.
- There will be a $10 upcharge for doors that come with hinges, are drilled, and are more than 40" in height as they will need a 3rd hinge.
- Regardless of style, any doors that are purchased drilled and with hinges, the maximum height we can make is 60".
- Lazy Susans, Diagonal Cabinets and Blinder Corners have a maximum height of 40".
- Shaker-style pieces have a minimum width and height of 8” x 8” and a maximum width and height of 24” x 60”—we are unable to make pieces smaller or larger than these specs.
- Slab-style and Quarterline pieces have a 4" minimum and 95" maximum. The largest Slab piece available is 36" x 95". (60" maximum for drilled pieces, 95" maximum for non-drilled).
- Certain material styles may not be eligible for drilling/hinges options. These styles will have the Hinge Type option greyed out.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING YOUR ORDER
If the customer is unable to receive their order within 5 days of the shipping carrier’s scheduled delivery time, the customer is subject to additional shipping charges including, but not limited to, storage and re-delivery fees. Delivering to islands, remote areas, or areas in which a truck may not be able to travel may result in additional shipping/ferry fees, which if incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
If your order arrives on a pallet, notate how many pallets you received and if any damage or sign of mishandling is visible on your delivery receipt (writing DAMAGE, or CONCEALED DAMAGE) BEFORE signing.
In the rare event of shipping damage, you are required to take photos of the damage – exterior packaging, damage, wide angle, and of the sticker placed on the back of the piece. Then, within 72 hours, send those photos and an explanation through this form and Semihandmade Customer Service will reach out to you ASAP. Ensure that you keep all packaging and damaged items, as the shipping company may claim these as part of their damage investigations.
Additionally, if you discover missing items from your order, please reach out to email@example.com within 72 hours of receiving your shipment to report them.
We cannot guarantee that a claim will be successful if reports are not made within 72 hours of receiving your shipment, and we will not be able to provide replacement pieces free of charge.
If, upon further inventory, there are any defects such as incorrect/missing drilling, wrong color or profile, or bubbling – please fill out this form. Do not schedule installation until you have the correct items in your possession. We will not reimburse for any installation costs or scheduling delays.
Doors Fronts, Floating Shelves and other parts:
Your Semihandmade order is considered final once placed. Because our manufactured products – including, but not limited to, doors, drawer faces, panels, trim, and floating shelves - are made-to-order, we do not accept returns. This includes all kitchen orders (Sektion, Akurum), bathroom orders (Godmorgon), media orders (Besta), custom orders (custom pieces, SFA Replacement Fronts), miscellaneous parts and floating shelves. We will, however, fix or replace any manufacturer-related imperfection if a claim is made at firstname.lastname@example.org within three business days of the customer receiving his/her order.
Semihandmade Warranties vary by door material; please consult our website’s Warranty Page for coverage of your particular choice.
Decorative Hardware, Home Decor & Other:
For more details on all our other Return Polices, please click HERE.
CONDITIONS OF LIABILITY
It is understood and agreed by both parties that Semihandmade, Inc. shall not be liable, whether in contract, tort under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, for any punitive, special, indirect, or consequential damages such as the cost of extraneous materials, labor for installation, removal or replacement, travel costs, or other related expenditures. Any claims against Semihandmade, Inc. for direct damages shall not exceed the purchase price paid by the customer to Semihandmade, Inc for the defective component. Regardless of form, no action arising from the transactions under this agreement may be brought by the customer more than five years after the cause of action has accrued.
We cannot assume liability for any plan errors caused by the customer or any third party. We cannot guarantee that appliances purchased from third-party providers can be integrated into a Semihandmade project. The warranty solely includes the repair or exchange of defective goods.
No compensation is offered for operating losses, loss of time, or indirect loss.