SUPERMATTE, SSS, CLJ FRONTS - 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Semihandmade, Inc. guarantees all thermofoil Supermatte, Sarah Sherman Samuel, and Chris Loves Julia components are warranted by the manufacturer to its customer against defects occurring in the manufacturing process such as delamination or surface discoloration for a period of FIVE (5) YEARS from the date of delivery, subject to the terms and conditions as stated in this warranty certificate.
The warranty only covers defects as specified herein and does not include defects or damages attributable to installation, misuse, or normal surface weathering, or defects or damages caused by accidents or fire or other casualty or Acts of God, or any other causes or occurrences beyond the manufacturer’s control such as excessive sunlight/water/heat/cold exposure. The exclusive remedial action provided for the customer hereunder shall be repair, restoration or replacement of the components as are found to be defective.
Doors are warranted for warpage when it exceeds the following tolerances:
- Doors up to 24” in height: maximum bow = 1/16”.
- Doors from 24” to 48” in height: maximum bow = 1/8”.
- Doors from 48” to 72” in height: maximum bow = 1/4”.
- Doors over 72” are not warranted for warp.
- Semihandmade and BOXI use the most dimensionally stable materials available. Each door or drawer front is manufactured to the nearest 1/16”.
- We recommend all parts be stored in a relatively warm and dry environment. Heat and moisture can damage your purchase.
- On a standard size door (24-30” high), a warp or twist of 3/16 of an inch or less is not considered a defect. Both are measured by placing the face of the door against a true plane surface.
- The above does not apply to trim, toe-kick, or panels where fasteners such as wood, glue, and/or caulk are typically used to prevent the possibility of twists or warpage.
- In the event of slight warpage or twists, please note quality Semihandmade and BOXI hinges are designed to make up for these variances.
The replacement of new materials for those as may be defective may result in a color variance in comparison to the originally installed laminates due to slight color or texture changes by laminate manufacturers and is not indicative of a defect. Semihandmade, Inc. reserves the right to substitute such laminates as are then being manufactured and is only obligated to match color and quality with such products as it is manufacturing at the time of replacement.
This warranty is limited to repair, restoration and/or replacement by Semihandmade, Inc. of any defective unit provided the manufacturer: (a) receives a written notice of claim under this warranty, and (b) within 90 days after notice of claim, is in receipt of the defective unit at its place of business, 416 W. Chestnut Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016. Under any circumstances, the costs of shipping the units to and from the manufacturer shall be paid for by the customer.
Conditions of Liability: It is understood and agreed by both parties that Semihandmade, Inc. shall not be liable, whether in contract, tort under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, for any punitive, special, indirect, or consequential damages such as the cost of extraneous materials, labor for installation, removal or replacement, travel costs, or other related expenditures. Any claims against Semihandmade, Inc. for direct damages shall not exceed the purchase price paid by the customer to Semihandmade, Inc for the defective component. Regardless of form, no action arising from the transactions under this agreement may be brought by the customer more than five years after the cause of action has accrued.
We cannot assume liability for any plan errors caused by the customer or any third party. We cannot guarantee that appliances purchased from third-party providers can be integrated into a Semihandmade project. The warranty solely includes the repair or exchange of defective goods.
No compensation is offered for operating losses, loss of time, or indirect loss.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions herein may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state.